vrijdag 10 oktober 2008

On my own...

En daar gaat de tweede huisgenote... And there goes the second room-mate

Ik weet niet wat mijn huisgenootjes bezielt. I don't know what the matter with my housemates, but it seems there is some mean spirit bewitching this house 2710. Last sunday I saw my roummate Sarah for the second time in 5 weeks. She was standing in the middle of the corridor, her hand packing her room in carton boxes. I was happy to see her, finally I could have a conversation which could last longer than 5 minutes with my roommate Sarah, the actress, the silent invisible, who I only seem to know from Facebook (even though she was living under my room for 5 weeks now). But no, the only reason she left her room for a moment, was because of practical motives: moving out Fairview, moving it with her boyfriend (with whom she spent most of her time anyway). I didn't even have the chance to say properly goodbye, nor hello to her.

Fortunately there was still Jessica, my co-psychology student, who made the house a bit less spooky. (the other roommate Devina I only saw one when she was having dinner with some of her friends, but I'm not quite sure anymore which of them was Devina). Jessica was the one who I regularly saw studying in the coach downstairs. It's to say, I saw the back of her head and a part of her, by mp3-sound deafed, ears. One day I said 5 times 'Hello' to her while I was cooking only 3 meters away from her. She didn't take notice of it. It was only some minutes later that I could blame the headphones for it.... I decided to put up with the fact I wouldn't have a lot of company of my roommates. Fortunately there are plenty of people in this university with whom I can have a great time! Thanks Mikyung, Alex, Juan, Saori, Hiro, June, Fumi, Farah, Mio, Lenny, Yujin, Saori 2, Bruce, Antonio, Maria, IPP-group and all the others! You mean a lot to me!!

Anyway, to come back to my house-situation. When I entered the house today around 5-ish I encountered Jessica's room totally empty, wide open door, not even a single forgotten sock which could remind me of my former roommate. I felt and still feel totally abandoned... :( Now I will really be the only one using the kitchen! And the only one baring the responsibility of throwing out the overwhelming mountain of garbage... Maybe that's her reason to move! What is wrong with this house???

While I am getting myself so depressed by the moving-behavior of my invisible roommates, there is fortunately one positive thought to sooth myself with: Maybe I can get some new roommates!!! I know Farah from Malaysia is still searching for a room in Fairview, so this is her chance! I hope, I hope!

I will keep you informed about the big surprise of the new roommates. Tomorrow (at 5.30) in the morning I will go to the ROCKY MOUNTAINS till Thanksgiving (monday). So will I get a new, more social roommate (or roommates) in return? Shall we study together in the evening? Shall he or she borrow my soymilk and can I use her/his pots and pans? OMG, if not I will not be able to cook anymore, because I was always using Jessica's pots!!!! My days as kitchen queen are counted... Just now I really started to enjoy living on my own. First the herbs went away, now even the pots, pans, pepper, salt and sugar...

But tomorrow there will be Rockies! And the company of international friends!
And a lot of more positive news coming up!

Miss you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Veerle

Geen opmerkingen:

Thanks for visiting!