maandag 5 januari 2009

Back

The big clock in the UB-Link hall of the Psychology Faculty announces my first Maastricht lecture after more than 7 months. I got a long break since I was sitting in front of the university computers, my old, slow, bit and byte friends, who helped me give birth to endless blog-posts. And here I sit again, after a sangria holiday in Spain, after a 3 week Spanish language course in Andalucia, after the World Youth Congress in Quebec, after a completed wooden bridge in the Canadian forests, after siteseeing with Pieter in Montreal, after a happy reunion with Yasmine and her cute son Yahia in Seattle, but most of all... after UBC.

It feels like the morning after. Realizing the real world starts again and you even can't see the fun of the recognition. Things didn't really change so much, it seems. The Dutch system got more discriminating against Belgian student. Now we have to pay 3 euros to get from the busstation to the university, while the last 3 years we could use our Belgian Buzzypas for this 2 km-route. 3 euros, 5 times a week, for at least 6 more months. Bye bye 360 euros... How many flight tickets to Scandinavia could I buy for that?

Lecture is starting...
I write more soon, after the 'kater'...

Veerle

Geen opmerkingen:

Thanks for visiting!